You can create a VirtualCare profile for a patient’s dependent. This dependent profile will display under the original patient’s profile and they will be able to request Virtual Visits on behalf of their dependent.
1. Click Patients. The Patients list will display.
2. Click + Add Patient.
3. Click the This patient is a dependent checkbox. This will enable two new fields: Guardian and Relationship to dependent.
4. In the Guardian dropdown, locate and select the dependent’s guardian. Once the guardian has been selected, the patient’s email will automatically populate in the Email field. They will receive an email to verify their dependent.
Note: This user must be a patient already entered and verified into the system.
5. Then, select the Relationship to dependent. You can select Parent, Child, Sibling, Spouse, or Other family members.
5. Enter the dependent’s information in the remaining fields, including Last name, First name, Biological Sex (as used on the original birth certificate), Birth date, and Health card #.
Note: If the information entered into the Health card # or Email fields matches one in our database, an error message will display. It’s possible this patient may have been added to the system already.
6. When complete, click Add Patient.
The window will display an Added message, and your patient will display in the list highlighted in green.
The dependent’s guardian will receive an email and they will verify the account. Once this is complete, the guardian may request Virtual Visits on their dependent’s behalf.