You may create a prescription within VirtualCare and send it to your patient or client’s selected pharmacy via fax.
Note: In order to complete this process, you must upload an image of your signature to your VirtualCare account so that you will be able to sign the request form. For more information, see Clinical users: How to upload your digital signature.
1. Click Visits.
2. Locate and click the appointment you’d like to create a prescription for.
3. Under For the patient > Prescriptions and requisitions, click the Start a form dropdown. Then select Prescription.
4. The Prescription form will display pre-populated with the patient’s information. In the yellow box, enter the prescription.
Note: If you have uploaded your signature, it will display in the signature field.
5. When complete, click Next.
6. In the pharmacies field, search for the appropriate pharmacy you’d like to send the request to.
If you’d like to send it to another location, click Find another location. Enter the new address.
7. Click search to display the available options.
8. When ready, select the appropriate option from the list. Then, click Review.
9. A summary screen will display. Review the prescription and any other information you may have entered. When ready, enter your VirtualCare password to authorize the prescription. Once authorized, click Send prescription.
You will be returned to the appointment’s details. A downloadable PDF of the prescription will display in the Prescriptions and requisitions area.