Prescriptions can be faxed to your patient’s pharmacy through VirtualCare. You can start a form for a prescription during a Virtual Visit.
Before you do this, make sure to upload an image of your signature to your profile so that you’ll be able to sign the prescription at the end of this process. See How to upload your signature
1. During a VirtualVisit, under For the Patient, click Start a form. Select Prescription
2. The Prescription form will display with the patient’s information. In the main body of the form, enter the prescription details. If necessary, enter the patient’s address. When complete, click Next
Note: If you have uploaded your signature, it will display in the signature field.
3. Select the pharmacy you’d like to fax the prescription to. The window will display a pharmacy that the patient has manually entered.
If you’d like to send it to another location, click Find another location. Enter the new address.
4. When complete, click Review
5. The prescription details will display. To authorize the prescription, enter your password
6. When complete, click Send prescription
The prescription will display in the list, confirming it has been sent to the specified pharmacy. It will also list the pharmacy’s details