1. To ensure your webcam can be used in an internet browser, check the following website:
2. Your internet browser will ask you to allow this site access to your webcam. Select Allow.
Note: On a PC, this question should be near the address bar at the top of your screen.
Note: On mobile, scroll all the way to the top to view.
3. Wait a few seconds. Under Test Result, you will see your working camera. It will also display the number of FPS (Frames Per Second).
If you see yourself and the FPS count, then, hooray – your camera passed the test!
If you don't see anything after confirming the browser message (if you had one), then your camera failed the test.
If your camera didn't pass the test, try the following:
- Try a different web browser.
- Ensure the webcam is connected to your USB socket. When properly connected, a pop up will display on your screen.
- Some webcam models have an "on/off"" switch. If yours has one, make sure it's set to "on."
- Try downloading the latest drivers for your webcam. On the camera or the camera's box, search for the name and number of the model. Google search the name of model + driver. If new drivers are available, download them and try connecting again.