Dependent profiles will be created by your provider. You will receive an email asking you to verify the dependent’s details in VirtualCare. Once verified, you can request virtual visits on behalf of your dependent. Your provider may also request virtual visits with your dependent, which will be sent to you.
Note: To verify your dependent, you must have their health card number and their birth date. Make sure you have these on hand before following the steps below.
1. Check your email. There will be a Verify your dependent email from VirtualCare, sent on behalf of your provider.
2. Click Verify dependent.
3. Log in to VirtualCare as you normally would with your credentials.
4. The Verify a dependent screen will display. Review the dependent name and when ready, click Continue.
5. To confirm your dependent, enter their Birth date and Health card #.
6. When complete, click Verify.
Once the dependent has been successfully verified, the following success message will display. Now you will be able to book a Virtual Visit on their behalf.
Note: You have a total of 3 attempts to verify your dependent. After 3 incorrect attempts, the dependent’s profile will be locked. To proceed, connect with your provider, and they can resend a verification email.