Use a strong password with a minimum of 8 characters or more, including upper and lowercase characters, numbers and symbols.
- Notify Think Research through the technical support line of any concerns, incidents or breaches or privacy and/or security that occur during the use of the platform.
- It is recommended that you do NOT use a shared family email or cell phone when using Care Portal. The emails and cell numbers may be used to exchange information such as details about upcoming appointments.
- Never include any personal information or personal health information in an unsecure email or text message. We encourage you to use secure facilities when using the portal to exchange details of your personal health information.
- Use a current web browser that supports encryption.
- Install and maintain anti-spyware, anti-malware, and anti-virus software to detect new threats.
- If your device is on a wireless network, ensure that the router settings are secure (encrypted), and that your router is password protected.
- Be suspicious of emails asking for any personal information or personal health information.
- Consider clearing your browser cache before logging into the platform to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on the hard drive.
- Should you print out any documents, store your paper health information records in a secure place.