Clinical users: How to conduct a virtual visit with your patient
Note: We recommend using Google Chrome for an optimal VirtualCare experience. Internet Explorer does not support audio or video and will affect the usage of the audio and video chat features.
When a virtual visit has been scheduled with a set date and time with your patient or client, you will both agree to meet online through VirtualCare at that time. When ready, your patient will accept the appointment and enter the visit.
1. Click Visits.
2. Locate the appointment you’d like to start.
The appointment details will display.
3. Click Accept. The virtual visit will begin.
Once the patient accepts, the virtual visit will begin and the following will display at the top of the screen:
This means that both you and the patient are in the visit. However, by default, the audio and video icons are disabled, so they will not be able to hear or see you.
4. Click both the audio and video icons to enable audio and webcam capabilities. The webcam view will display on the right-hand side and you will be able to see yourself.
When your patient enables their webcam, your icon will reduce in size and display in the bottom right corner of the chat window, and you will be able to see your patient.
Note: You can click the expand button to make the video chat full-screen.
Note: If you are a Vidyo.io user, you can share your screen with your patient by clicking the share screen icon next to the expand icon.
5. Talk to your patient and carry out your appointment as you normally would.
6. To send a text based chat message, use the textbox and press Enter to send. You can also click the arrow icon to send your messages.
You can also add images or attachments to the chat or appointment. To upload an attachment, click the paperclip icon next to the text box and press Enter. Your attachment will display in the chat and in the Attachments tab.
If you need to share a weblink, enter it into the chat. It will display in the chat and also automatically be saved to the Links tab.
Note: You can mute the audio anytime without ending the appointment by clicking the microphone icon.
Note: You can close the video window anytime without ending the appointment by clicking the video icon.
7. If necessary, add Visit notes. The content in this field is not visible to your patient, but it is visible to other clinical users in your network. When you have completed your notes, click Submit note.
Note: Visit notes cannot be deleted or edited once they have been submitted.
The note will display with a timestamp that includes the date and time the note was submitted, and who the note was submitted by. You can submit as many notes as you’d like, and they will display from oldest to newest.
8. To add a prescription, click Start a Form > Prescription. For more information, see Clinical users: How to submit a prescription.
9. To add a laboratory request, click Start a Form > Laboratory. For more information, see Clinical users: How to create a laboratory requisition form.
10. To request diagnostic imaging, click Start a Form > Diagnostic Imaging. For more information, see Clinical users: How to create a diagnostic imaging form.
11. When the visit is complete, click End visit.
12. A confirmation screen will display. Click Yes, end Visit.
The visit status will change to Complete.
Once an appointment is completed, you can add notes for the patient to review, add personal notes, review the visit report, submit the visit report to HRM, and add billing codes. For further information, see After the visit has occurred.