Clinical users: How to create a diagnostic imaging request form
Note: This feature is only available in the province of Ontario.
You may create a diagnostic imaging requisition form within VirtualCare and enter in all the relevant details for your patient. Then, your patient can review the appointment on their end and save or print the form themselves.
Note: In order to complete this process, you must upload an image of your signature to your VirtualCare account so that you will be able to sign the request form. For more information, see Clinical users: How to upload your digital signature.
1. Click Visits.
2. Locate and click the appointment you’d like to create a diagnostic imaging request form for.
3. Under For the patient > Prescriptions and requisitions, click the Start a form dropdown. Then select Diagnostic imaging.
4. The Diagnostic Imaging Requisition form will display with pre-populated patient information. pre-populated with the patient’s information. On the left side, select the requisition location you’d like to request. Select the appropriate checkboxes and enter any necessary information.
5. When complete, click Next to continue to the Preparation and Instructions form
6. Complete the Preparation and Instructions form where appropriate.
7. When complete, click Create Requisition.
You will be returned to the appointment’s details. A downloadable PDF of the diagnostic imaging requisition form will display in the Prescriptions and requisitions area.
Once completed, the patient or client will be able to access the PDF in their visit’s details.