Patients/clients: How to send a virtual visit request to your provider
Note: Depending on your provider’s needs, this feature may or may not be available to you. The contents of this article are only applicable if your provider has requested them for your personalized VirtualCare experience. For more information, please contact your provider.
When you are ready to book a virtual visit with your provider, follow the steps below to request a visit.
1. Click Visits.
2. On the left-hand side, click Request a Virtual Visit.
3. A disclaimer page will display. Review. Click the acknowledgement checkbox, then click Continue.
4. On the Assessment page, select the reason for your Virtual Visit from the dropdown.
Depending on the option you select, the next steps will differ.
If you select New health issues or symptoms, you will be asked to select a symptom or case from a drop down. You will also be asked to provide a brief description or your symptoms. You may also add an attachment, such as a photo (JPG or PNG) or a PDF.
If you select a Discussion about existing chronic conditions, Follow up to a previous appointment, Medication & Prescriptions, Follow-up diagnostic test results, or Other, then you will be asked to provide a brief description. You may also add an attachment, such as a photo (JPG or PNG) or a PDF.
When complete, click Continue.
5. On the Communication page, select which method of communication you prefer for your Virtual Visit. These options include:
- Video call
- Audio call
- Messaging chat
When ready, click Continue.
6. A summary screen will display all the details of your request. Review. When complete, click Submit Virtual Visit Request.
Note: If you need to go back and change any details before submitting, click Back.
7. A final confirmation screen will display notifying you that your Virtual Visit has been sent and that your provider will review your request. From here, you can review your existing appointments by clicking See Visits.
Once a provider begins reviewing your request, you will receive an email letting you know the status of your visit. They will also schedule a date and time for your request.