The following document includes a summary of the new features included in VirtualCare versions 2.22, 2.23, and 2.24.
Version 2.24 is available in your Production environment as of May 24, 2023.
Adding/editing a patient updates
Made the following updates for adding a new patient or editing an existing one:
- Providers, nurses, and administrators now have the ability to add or edit a patient’s address to their profile. This can be completed under the new Address section.
- Selecting a Province will determine which options are available under the County dropdown.
- If Nova Scotia is selected as the province, the following counties will be available in the dropdown:
- Cape Breton
- The Last name, First name, birth date, and HCN fields are all now mandatory before submitting the patient profile.
- New Language field.
- A patient’s address and email address no longer have an Optional designation.
- To ensure a patient’s health card is fully up to date, we have added a new Health card expiry field.
- New STAR Registration section.
User permission updates
Added the following new provider abilities based on abilities set by their administrator:
- Ability to view attachments if you are not assigned to the appointment
- Ability to submit a prescription, lab requisition, or DI forms if you are not assigned to the appointment
- Ability to end a visit if you are not assigned to the appointment
New Reason for visit options
We have added the following Reason for visit options when scheduling an appointment:
- Heart or Lungs
- Level of Consciousness (e.g. fainting)
- Mental Health
- Stomach Pain, Nausea, or Vomiting
- Broken Bone or Dislocation
- Back Pain
Registration: Health card tip update
Previously, when registering for a VirtualCare account, the system would ask for the last four digits of a patient’s health card number. The field itself would display a value reading 1234. For improved usability, we have updated this field to read 0000 to signify that information must be entered into the field.
Visit notes now update in real-time
Previously, if a doctor submitted visit notes a nurse would have to refresh the page in order to review what was submitted. This process has been updated and the Visit notes now display in real-time.
Visit details page: New Encounter ID field
To identify and track specific encounters within a visit, we have added a new Encounter ID field to a visit’s details.
Note: This field is optional.
Updated French consent form
When a patient selects French as their language for the application, the patient consent form now displays in French.
Updated lab requisition and diagnostic imaging forms
When submitting a lab requisition or diagnostic imaging form, Virtual Urgent Care now displays as the program name.
New fields in Visit summary report
The following newly added fields now display in the Visit summary report:
- Health card expiry
- Phone number
- Address fields
- PMB name
- PMB license number